Sunday, June 14, 2009

To begin...

How's about a little bit about myself. I am a single female living in Sydney. Almost a year ago I finally flew from the family nest (a little late at 25 but we'll get to that later) and have been living in a little townhouse I purchased in the next suburb over ever since.

When I first moved, I had high expectations of living alone and being able to do my own thing whenever I wanted. I come from a big family of 6 siblings and my mother run's a home-based childcare centre so home was never a quiet place to be.

What I did not realise, was that the magical cooking/cleaning fairy did not move with me. I have never been a overly messy person, and certainly never thought that I didn't put my fair share of weight around the house, however having a clean home requires a dedication that I didn't know was possible.

Having a roster for doing the cleaning works brilliantly in a large home. When you live alone... not so much.

So, here I am a year on. I go through phases with my cleaning. I love my house to be clean yet I can't seem to make that final step in working out how to maintain that and I will often do anything to procrastinate a little longer (like, hmmm, starting a blog).

But, I'm trying...

And, so as a learning experience I will put my journey to page and see if at least one person (me) can learn from her mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment