Sunday, June 14, 2009

Silly mistakes and handy hints...

Silly things that I have done this week...

Wore my comfy jeans with ripped out knees to clean the kitchen. Caught holes in jeans not once but twice on handles of cupboards and dishwasher and nearly faceplanted into the bench top.

Ran out of dishwashing powder and put **small** amount of organic bathroom cleaner in dishwasher instead. Results still pending. Hopefully this does not result in a kitchen full of bubbles (though, I am not hopeful).

Fridge is leaking. Instead of fixing I put an old towel on the floor. Now tiles are funny brown colour from burn marks on towel (oven mishap some months ago).

And some handy hints that actually work...

Plant a vegetable garden. Now, hear me out. I had a planter box already so that was easy. Put some seedlings in it and give it marginal attention. Once a month, go outside and get all your aggression out by yanking out the weeds that have grown in the past month. Then spend the following day in bed with a warm water bottle completely guilt free because a) you did the gardening and b) from the sore muscles in your back/arms/stomach you actually got a work out. Totally justifiable reasons for doing nothing for a whole day.

I am really bad at finishing meals. I will eat something halfway and then not feel like it anymore. So I put it in the fridge, on it's plate with it's cutlery. Then when I do feel like eating it again it comes straight back out and I can re-use the cutlery. Works well for ice cream too.

No comments:

Post a Comment